Medium of Instruction
The entire school is in English medium.
Discipline is the back-bone of development in all spheres of life. It has a special significance in education. It is desired of students to maintain discipline inside the classroom and outside. The self-imposed discipline inside the classroom and outside is to be maintained. The self-imposed discipline in behaviour punctuality, dress, neatness and respect for others is expected from a student of Gyan Niketan.
- Student are expected to conduct themselves with dignity, modesty and simplicity.
- Students are expected to show due respect to the teaching staff, behave properly towards fellow
students and be courteous to the office staff and also to the visitors who come from outside.
Code & Behaviour
- Students must converse in English in and around the campus. Serious notice will be taken to the
students found loitering outside during class hours.
- Use of mobile phones in class rooms, library and laboratories as well as in hostel is strictly prohibited.
- 5. Disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty of causing damage to school property.
- Students must make it a point to look up the notice board daily.
- At least 80% attendance is required of day scholars and 95% of boarders of classes Ito X, and 85%
of students of classes XI & XII, to be eligible to appear for examinations.
- Students should arrive at school 10 minutes before the scheduled time and report for morning
assembly when the warning bell is rung.
- Students should not bring colours, crackers, transistors, mobile phones etc. to school.
- Students should be careful of their belongings. Cycles may be parked at students own risk.
- Students found violating the above rules and resorting to disrupt are liable to be punished in the form of heavy fine, withdrawal of concession or stipends, and even expulsion from the school in extreme cases.
- Hostel rules are be followed stiffly.
Examination & Promotion
- There shall be 4 formative tests (Class Nur. to XII) during a session Retest shall not be allowed to
students (absent for any reason) missing any test.
- Two summative examinations shall be held during the session & for XI & XII 3 terms under no circumstances will re-examination be held.
- No weightage shall be given to any student (due to any reason) for absence from any formative test
or summative examination or annual examination.
- Promotion to the next class shall be granted on the basis of an integrated result based on the Following weightage.
- 4 Formative tests
Code & Behaviour
- Summative tests for Nur to X & 3 Term Exams for XI and XII.
- A students has to secure at least 40% marks in the integrated result in each subject for promotion to the next class and 45% marks in the aggregate.
- A Pre-Board Test is conducted in the 1st or 2nd week of January every year for class XlIth students only to assess their standard before they appear for CBSE exams in that year.
- Students of class X can opt online/pen paper examination of CBSE Board or regular examination of school.
- Students opting for regular school examination will have to continue in the same school for class Xl.