- Every student has to attend class, regular / and punctually. Late corners shall not be
allowed to attend classes except in justified cases
- A student absent on a certain day in the school shall have to submit an application for leave (written by the guardian) on the following day.
- Unless extremely necessary, leave shall not be granted.
- Name of a student continuously absent for 15 days (without prior sanction of leave) shall be struck off from the school rolls. Re-admission shall be possible only on payment of Rs 600/- as a re-admission fee with other dues.
- At least 80% attendance shall be required by day scholars and 95% by boarders of classes I to X, and at least 85% for classes XI & XII to be eligible to appear in any examination.
- Boarders shall not be allowed to have leave prefixed or suffixed with any break, except in serious exigencies
- Students who have been sick should bring an application addressed to the principal along with a medical certificate from their doctor, on joining school.
- Parents should fill up the “Record for Non-Attendance” for each day the students is absent from school stating reasons for absence. On test days a separate application has to be sent.
- No, one who has been absent on the previous day will be admitted to the class without a letter from the parents, addressed to the Principal, stating the reason for the absence.
- Leave can be granted on special grounds.
- A student, returning to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, should produce a doctor’s certification permitting him to do so.
- All students are expected to attend school on the opening day after each vacation. Those absent without leave will be fined at the rate of Rs.5/- per day. Those absent because of a sickness must present a medical certificate before they may be admitted to the class
- Absence for more than six days immediately after a vacation renders the student liable to have his name struck off the roll.
- It is compulsory for students to complete 80% of their attendance in the year to make them eligible to sit for their final examinations. The percentage however may be relaxed in medical grounds. During the week immediately before the Terminals/Annual Examination any student who absents himself from the school without intimation will be fined Rs.10/- per day.
- The percentage, however, may be relaxed on medical grounds. During the week immediately before the Terminals/Annual Exam, any student who absents himself from school without intimation will be fined Rs 50/- per day.
Fine of Absence
- Day scholar shall have to pay a fine of Rs 50/- per day for absence from school without prior sanction of leave.
- A boarder shall be fined at the rate of Rs 100/- per day for absence without prior sanction of leave. Under no case, absence for more than 15 days from boarding house shall be allowed and name of such boarder shall be struck off from boarding house as well as from the school.
- Re-admission fee of Rs 600/- in addition to fine for absence together with all other dues must be paid.